Click on image for larger view.
Above is my most recent digital decalcomania project. I took several quick snapshots of my wonderful stripped birch twig collection. I montaged them together using heavily feathered selections to create new possibilities and to make sure the various snapshots worked well together. Then I used the resulting image as the decalcomania texture to stimulate my imagination and on which to build the finished digital painting.
In Painter 2018, I used the brush named: Just Add Water and the brush named: Digital Airbrush Detail to massage the decalcomania texture until it pleased me. The whole time I worked at 200% magnification so I could see any artifacts and be certain of the quality of the edges I was giving to the twigs.
Next I printed a hard copy. That was when I discovered that this image can be viewed with any of its four sides up and the composition remains successful.
Blogging footnote: I cannot believe how much time has elapsed since my previous post!